- Key-value store
- In memory database
- Sub millisecond performance
- 2 types
- Clustering (Redis)
- Multi AZ
- Read Replicas (sharding)
- Point in time recovery
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Monitoring through
Redishas authentication feature
- To secure the redis cluster access
- Use redis auth in transit encryption, enabled for clusters
In most cases, it's better to use Redis. But should choice
- Required the simplest model possible
- Multi-thread or multi core supports
Redis is not primarily designed for using the multi-cpu.
Lazy Loading: Loads data only when it is required
Russian doll: Have nested records. Top level keys are the cahce keys for child resources.
Write Througth: Adds item to cache when a item is added or updated. may cause cachec churn ie. lots of cache is not being used or read.